Friday, March 8, 2013

Liam Moment

Recently we have been trying to teach Liam to make a 1 with his finger for his 1st birthday. He hadn't shown any interest in it at all and usually would just shake his head no at us. Yesterday we were shopping at Lowes and as we were going down one of the aisles he started pointing at things. We must have looked like crazy people to anyone who saw us because we both got super excited and were clapping for him. All day long he would point at things and sure enough later that day he held up his finger for being 1. We were so proud.
Of course just when I was thinking his new pointing skill couldn't be any cuter he went and proved his mama wrong. I was drying my hair in the living room (because someone didn't take a long enough nap) and he walked over, pointed at me, laid his head on my shoulder and gave me a big hug. He did this over and over for a couple minutes. Sometimes even saying mama while he pointed at me. Heart melted.
On that note of Liam saying mama, we had another big Liam moment last Friday. He finally said mama! I was beyond excited. He says it all day long now. In less important news, that same day he took two real bites (meaning he actually got food into his mouth the right way) with his spoon. I just love watching all his little accomplishments. Being a mama is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment