Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Jeremiah Patrick

Just before Christmas last year, we were busy hosting 2 sweet babes that had grown to be a part of our family. Life was crazy and although Liam continued to pray EVERY SINGLE DAY to be a big brother, after so many years of waiting; it wasn't at the front of our minds. We were out to eat with all of the kids one day during lunch when our social worker called. She was supposed to be coming out to do a home study renewal visit, so I figured she was just checking in about that. So when I listened to her message, that a birth mom wanted to meet with us, I was shocked and in tears. I tried to hide my emotions so that I didn't get Liam too excited. Instead when I told him who had called, he told us he was going to get a baby brother. And it turned out he knew exactly what he was talking about. 
 We spent the next month prepping and getting ready for this baby we had prayed over for many, many years. Liam was beyond excited to be a big brother. We tried to keep ourselves busy as we waited and prayed over this little baby and his birth mama. As many of you know we didn't end up bringing our baby boy home like we had planned in January. And as our hearts ached and we grieved and helped Liam to grieve; I felt God continually telling me to "wait". And to trust Him and His love for us and our family. It was some of the hardest days our little family has ever gone through and yet the way it drew us to Him was truly a blessing. At the time I had no idea what it was I was waiting for. But I continued to move forward through the pain. All the while praying over the sweet baby and his birth mama, who continued to be on my heart every single day.

So true. #adoption #adopting #waiting
This is exactly how adoption has felt for us every time. 
In February we got a call that Jeremiah was possibly still going to be part of our family. I can't tell you the emotions that came with that call. I am honored and humbled that not once, but twice someone has considered us worthy to be Mama & Daddy to a little that they love and adore with all of their heart. I can't begin to put into words how that feels. It is a privilege I don't take for granted. 
This was the first picture we got of our little man with his blue eyes and red hair.
 On March 22nd, we got to meet him for the first time. It was exactly 5 years from the day we first heard about our sweet Liam.

 And then on March 29th, we brought our little guy home. Exactly 5 years to do the day from when we brought his big brother Liam home. God is always in the details. And He made it very clear that He always has a plan and will take care of us.

We are forever grateful to Jeremiah's birth mom. Her unconditional love and sacrifice for him will be something he always knows about and cherishes. Just as we have always told Liam, "you have been so unbelievably loved from the very minute you came to exist. First by your birth mom, then by your family, and most importantly by God whose love for you is greater than any of us could ever imagine." We prayed for our boys long before our hearts or minds ever knew of them. And I can't begin to explain the incredible love that grows in your heart as you wait on meeting your precious baby. Every adoption is so very different, but for us this has been true each time.

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment