Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lets Make a Date

I love going on dates!! Seriously, I think it is the best. I met my huz in the fall of 2001 and started dating in August of 2002. On June 26 we will have been married for 6 years. Amazing. We spend all day together everyday running our own business and LOVE it. People constantly ask us how we do it and if we just want to get away from each other at the end of the day. And to some peoples annoyance the truth is NO! I feel incredibly blessed to be with my huz everyday all day long. We are just two unique people who love to be with each other all the time. I can't explain it...it is just the way God made us.
One thing that most people don't realize is that working together is NOT spending time together. Yes we see each other all day long but we are WORKING. Not enjoying each others company and really spending time together. My huz is a HARD working man and I love that about him. It is one of the reasons our business is so successful. This also means working nights and weekends not just set hours every day of the week. Not to say that there aren't benefits to it too but you definitely put in A LOT of extra time when your business is your own. And it is at times when we would be watching a movie or tv in the evening and Max was busy still doing work that I had to point out that this was still not really spending time together. And that is why we both LOVE dates!
Time set aside to just go out and spend time having fun with each other. Yesterday we got to double date with two of our favorite people in the world, Randy & Brittany. My brother and future sister-in-law! We went to The Last Song, which I would recommend to everyone, it was amazing. And then we went out to Jimmy Johns for subs before heading back home. It was simple, it was relaxing, and we had a blast. I live for dates with my husband. Nothing in the world could make me happier then spending time simply enjoying the man I love more than anything and who makes me happier than I ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment