Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Weakness


Reading in Matthew for my She Reads Truth study today and I always get stuck on this verse about Peter. Upon remembering the words of Jesus and realizing he had denied him, he wept bitterly. While my heart aches for Jesus throughout these chapters, at this point my heart always aches deeply for Peter. Because his flesh was weak, just like mine. It opens my eyes to the countless times I give in to sin (in little and big ways) each day. My flesh is weak. But thankfully I know the rest of the story. I know that it is in my weakness, God uses me. I can’t do it on my own. But when I let God work in and through me, His power is made perfect in my weakness. And I am lead to a place of deep gratitude for Jesus & His gift of grace through the cross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment